5. Enter a name and download location for the video.
6. Click the Downloads section in the bottom navigation bar to view your downloaded videos in the Documents app.
7. To save the downloaded video to your iPhone or iPad hard drive, go back to the Documents app main screen and open the Downloads folder.
8. Find the video you want and tap the three dots icon above.
9. Tap Share, and then tap Save Video.
10. You can find the downloaded YouTube video in the Photos app.
How to download YouTube videos on Mac.
There are various tools and programs that allow you to download YouTube videos on Mac.
An easy way to do this is to use macOS’ built-in screen capture tool. It won’t be high quality, but it’s something. Just press Command + Shift + 5 to bring up screen recording options. You can select a window or record the entire screen, and change options to include audio from your Mac’s microphone.
The best program to download YouTube videos in high quality format on Mac is 4K Video Downloader. It’s free for up to 30 downloads per day, or you can upgrade to one of its premium plans. The software can download videos in up to 8K quality and in multiple formats. And 4K Video Downloader can also grab entire YouTube playlists.
Here’s how to use it:
- Download and install 4K Video Downloader and open the program.
- Find a YouTube video and copy the link.
- Click Paste Link in the menu.
- Click Download after selecting from the list of quality and format options.
After your video is downloaded, click the three dot icon so you can play, find it on your computer and perform other actions.
How to download YouTube videos on Android.
It is not possible to download YouTube videos from the Google Play Store using the Android app because Google prohibits the use of such tools. However, you can get a YouTube downloader on your phone or tablet by installing the APK file from outside the Play Store, just like our recommended TubeMate. Here’s how to use it.
- Download TubeMate and install it on your Android phone. You may need to change your security settings.
- Open TubeMate and search for YouTube videos.
- Click the green Download button.
- Select from the list of quality and format options. Click the green download button.
- Tap the download list icon in the bottom menu to find your video. Or access the download list by clicking the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the TubeMate menu.
- Tap the three-dot icon next to the video to save it to a new location, rename it, etc.
How to Download YouTube Videos on PC.
The best way to download YouTube videos to Windows PC is to use a 4K video downloader. Follow the same steps we outlined above to download YouTube videos on Mac.
However, there is another way to download YouTube videos to your PC, using the excellent free program VLC Media Player. Here’s how to do it.
- If the program is not available on your Windows PC, download and install the latest version of VLC media player.
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video to the clipboard.
- Open VLC and click the Media menu in the upper left corner. Select Open Network Streaming.
- Paste the copied video address into the “Please enter the URL” box and click Play. The YouTube video will start playing in VLC.
- Now go to Tools, Codec Info and copy the long URL from the location box at the bottom of the window.
- Paste the URL into your browser’s address bar and click OK and the video will start playing in a new tab.
Right-click it and choose “Save Video As” to download the YouTube video as an MP4 file.
Now that you’re familiar with how to download videos from YouTube, you should check out How to Download Videos from Facebook or How to Download Vimeo Videos. Or, if you’re considering uploading your own content, check out our guide on how to edit videos on YouTube.