What is POS? POS Full Form | Functions of POS Machine | Types of POS Machines | Components of POS Machine | What is the full name of POS
Friends, today we will tell you about POS , what is it and what is its full form and what are its functions. POS is called point of sale. A shopkeeper completes the transaction process. POS is a combination of software and hardware, it is used as an electronic cash register, we will tell you today in detail about all these things, what is CPOS.
What is POS
POS is the name of the electronic device and its full form is Point of Sale. Which is mostly used by the shopkeepers sitting in the market because in today’s internet age, most of the buyers want to buy the item from the same places where the POS device is there, so most of the marketers have kept their POS device outside their store so that the customer can get it. It is to be known that POS facility is available at this shop, this is a good step towards Digital India so most of the people want to use it, through this shopping becomes easy and you can make purchases through your debit card.
How does POS Machine work?
- It is a type of electronic device which is made by combining software and hardware. It works for cashless transaction. It generates the receipt of purchase automatically to every customer. POS machine can also be used for counting notes.
- And it also does the work of making sips very easily. POS machine can also do the work of Debit Card Processing Fund Transaction Receiving Payment very easily.
- All types of business establishments, whether it is a shopping mall or a petrol pump or a mobile shop, all people have started using it.
- It is a machine that works like a computer, through which the slip of the bill is easily removed, in this we just have to swipe our debit card. It has a small screen which is called display, in which all the information about the goods comes.
How is a POS machine made?
POS machine is made with the help of hardware and software, it works as a computerized electronic machine. Earlier, there used to be a lot of crowd in the business organization, but now the work is done very quickly through the POS process and every kind of account is put in very soon and slips are given to it through the machine which is called bill.
POS machine components
Two types of components work in a POS machine, which is software and hardware, here we will tell you about both of our components.
POS machine is capable of making payment through debit card, it contains all the information about the goods purchased, it works to give the purchase slip to the customer, all this work is done by the software, its work is not limited to this, it is given by the customer. The payment is sent directly to the shopkeeper’s account because it is connected to the Internet, it requires a high-speed Internet connection, it deducts the money from the customer’s account and transfers it to the merchant’s account only after doing all the identification of the debit card.
Hardware is called that part of any machine that can be touched such as monitor printer and CPU in computer, similarly hardware is also used in this machine, in addition to the swipe machine, there is a small screen, through which the customer bank account. The information and all the list of goods are visible in it, through which it is easy to deliver the slip to the customer.
How many types of POS machines are there?
Although there are many types of POS machines, but out of this we are telling you something special.
- 1) Small Business POS Machine
- 2) Retail POS Machine
- 3) Hotel POS Machine
- 4) Cloud POS Machine
- 5) mobile pos machine
- 6) Restaurant & Bar POS Machine
So friends, you saw that it can help us in any kind of business, so it is very important to have a POS machine in today’s era, in this you can get software system according to your business, which will make it very easy for you to do your business.
Advantages Of POS Machine
- For those who are fond of shopping more, the use of POS machine becomes necessary because there is no need to keep cash for making purchases.
- If we like something in the market, due to the problem of lack of money, sometimes we go to leave it, due to POS machine, we can make purchases even though we have cash.
- The biggest problem in the market is open money, due to the POS machine, that problem also gets solved because many times there is a lot of trouble between the customer and the shopkeeper about the open money.
- The most important advantage of POS machine is that there is no scope for any kind of fraud or fraud.
- By making payment through POS machine, we do not have to keep an account of the money spent because our entire statement is recorded in the bank that when we spent how much.
- With the payment of this machine, tax goes to the government on our transactions, due to which the possibility of tax evasion is completely eliminated.
Disadvantages of POS Machine
- We all know that just as everything has its benefits, there are also disadvantages to that thing.
- Not everyone can use a POS machine, although it is very easy to use a POS machine.
- The most important thing is that you must be careful in the transaction of money while making payment from POS machine.
- You need to have a bank account to use the POS machine. Along with that, it is also very important to have a debit card and credit card because without these things you cannot do online shopping.
- Although some POS are free, which do not charge any charge from the customers because they breathe the body from the businessman, but in many places some shopkeepers charge extra charge from the POS customer in exchange for the service.